To write the rough draft of “Elaty Riaf”, I used my Neo by Alphasmart. This was the first time I have done this. Here are my observations:
- not very expensive ($28 used on Amazon)
- comfortable to type on
- the battery lasts for a long time
- this is a word processor only, and therefore I am not distracted by the Internet while writing
- the screen only shows a few lines at a time, which makes it difficult to refer back to character traits and names
- no thesaurus
- when I was in public, people interrupted me to ask about the “weird keyboard”
- once I transfer the file to my computer, I no longer feel like using the Alphasmart
- I must re-format for publication after transfer, rather than setting up formatting at the beginning of writing
Overall, I would use this again, especially during times where I am on a strict schedule for writing. However it did not change my life enough to insist on use.
Have you used this before? Something similar? What did you think?
One thought on “Alphasmart”
Not being able to easily shift through a document would drive me crazy. Great post with sharing your experience!